Living in The Waters Ooralea, Mackay
Residents of The Waters Ooralea enjoy the convenience of being both close to town and work, while enjoying a relaxed lifestyle.
Get closer to nature
The Waters Ooralea is a residential community in Mackay that will bring you and your family closer to nature.
- 1.5kms of landscaped tidal creek frontage with sea access, which will incorporate fishing platforms & walkways when development is completed
- 80 acres of parkland, including a magnificent Melaleuca forest.
- Great fishing and crabbing during high tide. View tide times here
- Fully fenced park and playground with lots of open space for activities, shaded picnic table and an outdoor gym.
Schools and Child Care
The Waters Ooralea is perfectly located for families. There are 10 schools within 10kms, as well as multiple daycare and preschool options to choose from.
- Dundula State School – 2 km away
- Ooralea Education & Care Centre – 3 km away
- Chelona State School – 7 km away
- Mackay West State School – 7 km away
- Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School – 7 km away
- Mackay State High School – 8 km away
- Mercy College – 9 km away
- Mackay Central State School – 9km away
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School – 10 km away
- Victoria Park State School – 10 km away
- Saint Patrick’s Senior College – 10 km away
Ooralea Shopping Centre is conveniently located on the corner of Boundary Road and Bruce Highway. (67-79 Boundary Road, Ooralea QLD 4740) Just a 4 minute drive from The Waters Ooralea.
Shops within the centre include:
- Brumby’s Bakery
- FriendlyCare Pharmacy
- Mint Hair
- Noodle & Sushi Paradise
- Ooralea Dental Care
- Woolworths Supermarket
A proposal for future development of a Convenience Shopping Precinct at The Waters Ooralea is currently in the assessment process.
It is proposed that the Convenience Shopping Precinct will be developed in stages as the adjacent residential population expands and, when fully developed, may include:
- Service Station
- Fast Food outlets
- Dining Precinct including Dine-In and Take-Away
- Convenience Supermarket
- Medical Centre/Pharmacy
- Child Care Centre
- Retail and other convenience uses of complementary nature
The Convenience Shopping Precinct will provide improved amenity to residents of The Waters at Ooralea, and development of the Precinct will also include extension of Fairway Drive for ease of access from within The Waters at Ooralea and construction of a new Bruce Highway intersection adjacent to the Convenience Retail Precinct.